Thursday, July 19, 2012

Excuses

Here they go.

I haven't written because I've been walking my cat. I haven't written because my cat acts up too much and she wakes me up at 4, 5, and 6 in the morning. I haven't written because the car has scratches in the bumper.

I haven't written because my hard drive may be completely crashed. And it has all of the information I want on it. I haven't written because it feels like my heart has been broken. And I'm trying to fix it. And did you know that data recovery can cost thousands of dollars? Yeah, what the hell?

I haven't written because I'm just trying to figure out my life; discover myself—or some equally contrived thing like that. I haven't written because I am just trying to process the news. I mean the Middle East. It's crazy.

I haven't written because Mitt Romney won't release his tax returns. I mean, what the hell is he hiding? Probably nothing, but the anticipation and conjecture keeps me from writing on my blog. Right? Yeah.

I haven't written because I'm thinking of joining a religion and I don't want to confess anymore sins. I mean, that would suck. I haven't written because I am trying to gain achievements on Team Fortress 2. I haven't written because I fell asleep at the wheel, sideswiped a parked car and swerved into a hipster in jorts on a fixed gear bike.

I haven't written because it's summer in Seattle and that means it's going to be beautiful and there ain't no reason to stay inside and look at a computer screen. I haven't written because I'm full of white guilt—I'm not sure what that means.

I haven't written because I am a chronic procrastinator. I'm also a compulsive liar. That statement is false. So is this one. I haven't written because I've been dreaming in Spanish. I haven't written because my conscience doesn't sound like my writing. I haven't written because I'm afraid of judgment. I haven't written because Judge Dredd's judgment is deadly.

I haven't written because my muse is working full time. I'm running out of ideas. And all I seem to be left with are excuses. I better be writing or making up more excuses.

Eh...

Meh.