Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Alien

Professor conference. Planet 51. Dani. Foster's Hollywood. Conti. Spanish.

Three short weeks remain in our program. It could be good or I could be shooting myself in the foot. I feel like I am losing my Spanish already.

Had a conference with my professor in government. She kind of sucks. But I think she's being a hard-ass, that she wants the class to study and the grades will improve drastically on the next test. It's frustrating because she has no checks on her power. She can do whatever she wants. And right now that is screwing me over. Not to mention the part where she was a condescending bitch to me, Alex, and Claire.

Perhaps she is right, perhaps I don't get all the concepts, but I certainly understand enough to know that I didn't deserve the grade I got.

Not really that important. It's just school. And I've been doing school for almost too long.

We decided to go to the movie Planet 51. A Spanish studio produced a good portion of it, so we get reimbursed for it. Cool. Anyways, I invited Dani to the movie and he was happy to tag along. Here's how the facebook conversation went between our group:

Laura: so we're going to planet 51 tonight, let's meet at 8.
Alex: can't I have ciclo until 9
Me: Dani is coming
Alex: I didn't want to go to ciclo anyways.

We went to foster's hollywood for dinner. An “American” restaurant but I have never seen it in the states. It is weird to think there are franchises that make food from a country but aren't from that country. I ate fast. We caught the movie.

Planet 51 was good, but I have a soft spot for animation. So all animation is automatically a 6 out of 10. Planet 51=8. way better than New Moon.
Professor conference. Planet 51. Dani. Foster's Hollywood. Conti. Spanish.

Three short weeks remain in our program. It could be good or I could be shooting myself in the foot. I feel like I am losing my Spanish already.

Had a conference with my professor in government. She kind of sucks. But I think she's being a hard-ass, that she wants the class to study and the grades will improve drastically on the next test. It's frustrating because she has no checks on her power. She can do whatever she wants. And right now that is screwing me over. Not to mention the part where she was a condescending bitch to me, Alex, and Claire.

Perhaps she is right, perhaps I don't get all the concepts, but I certainly understand enough to know that I didn't deserve the grade I got.

Not really that important. It's just school. And I've been doing school for almost too long.

We decided to go to the movie Planet 51. A Spanish studio produced a good portion of it, so we get reimbursed for it. Cool. Anyways, I invited Dani to the movie and he was happy to tag along. Here's how the facebook conversation went between our group:

Laura: so we're going to planet 51 tonight, let's meet at 8.
Alex: can't I have ciclo until 9
Me: Dani is coming
Alex: I didn't want to go to ciclo anyways.

We went to foster's hollywood for dinner. An “American” restaurant but I have never seen it in the states. It is weird to think there are franchises that make food from a country but aren't from that country. I ate fast. We caught the movie.

Planet 51 was good, but I have a soft spot for animation. So all animation is automatically a 6 out of 10. Planet 51=8. way better than New Moon.

It's nice to have a local guide us around, Dani knows all the shortest routes to every place now. And the train is much faster than the bus.

After the movie we went to Conti and played Conti until 2. Lots of fun. I really do enjoy all the time I spend here with everyone. It's funny how I can take for granted the presence of people and places so quickly. It has been 3 short months and I am already quite accustomed to my life here. Obviously it is time to shake things up. And too soon too.

It's nice to have a local guide us around, Dani knows all the shortest routes to every place now. And the train is much faster than the bus.

After the movie we went to Conti and played Conti until 2. Lots of fun. I really do enjoy all the time I spend here with everyone. It's funny how I can take for granted the presence of people and places so quickly. It has been 3 short months and I am already quite accustomed to my life here. Obviously it is time to shake things up. And too soon too.