Monday, November 16, 2009

Introspective Pretention--cathartic pressure

I'm so confined by my space. Being young, middle-class, and abroad is a tough life. We are expected to be the bratty future generation trying to grow up by having drunken escapades in foreign lands. Instead I feel like the bratty future generation trying to grow up by having drunken escapades in foreign lands. How are we supposed to run the world? When do we stop being the future generation and start being the current generation? When do we make the decisions? Will we ever be ready to make them?

So I am confined. Because I have to discover these concepts on my own, and I suppose everyone else in “my generation” has to as well. That means, that we will literally wake up one day and find ourselves the movers and pushers in this world and not know what that means or how to deal with it.

Don't let me wake up older, stupider, and another lifeless life.

Let me wake up with the ability to make the big decisions and the sapience to make them.