Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Soy Nick pero hay mas...

Went to madrid today. I like the art class a lot. Decided that I want to gather my portfolio together to get published, to do what I want with my life. That takes a lot of effort though. And time. I don't really have a lot of either.

I suppose I will just focus on the now.

Saw Anwar (one of my best friends from Reno) today. His program hasn't even started yet. He was a little disoriented and doing his Anwar thing. But that's fine, it was great to catch up with him. I freaking love that kid.

Best part of Spain so far is being able to go to college in the same area as people that have known me for years. It was so odd because we went to dinner with some of the Tufts Skidmore kids. The dynamic is interesting because Anwar and I have known each other for years and shared experiences and inside jokes that we don't even know are inside jokes anymore. With the Tufts Skidmore kids it is such a new relationship with everything being so on the surface, such a different perspective, where only the most recent events have relevance. With the TS kids it's like two weeks ago is ancient news.

I wish I had something profound to say about the difference. Right now it just is. But I did notice that I was almost nervous and giddy for my new friends to meet Anwar. It was funny, I was so excited for them to like him...that sounds odd. I think it's like showing them a huge portion of my life, exposing so much of who I am to them in a very sudden and ultimately vulnerable situation that is completely out of my control. Good news. They liked him. Yay. Can't wait for them to meet ameen or sydney...

spent a ton of time in the park watching kids and old people.

guernica is a great piece of art. Hopefully palabrotas (bad words) tomorrow.