Monday, October 29, 2007

Proud of Reno.

Not mine, but i really think everyone from Reno, at least, has to hear this. i absolutely love it. Thomas Lennon, of Reno911! fame sings this song as Lt. Jim Dangle.


Oh! Biggest little city in the World.
300,000 strong.
Kick it!

People knock Reno 'cuz it ain't Las Vegas
Disrespect the town that i know is the greatest
And when these naysayers try to knock the place
I say, "get up out my face I'm from America's adventure place"

bom bom bom bom bom
Get up get down you know I'm proud of Reno
What what what we say
We're keeping it alive in the 775

They've got a fake Eiffel Tower
We got world class winter sports
You can keep Fremont Street
I'll take Virginia and Fourth
And let me clear this up 'cuz some people don't know
yes we do have an airport, it's called Reno slash Tahoe
Some people take trips or family vacations
to Phoenix or Branson, other hot spots in the nation.
But if you're on a budget forget Aspen Colorado
Because the kid's buffet is free at the Reno El Dorado


bom bom bom bom bom
Get up get down you know I'm proud of Reno
What what what we say
Am I in heaven?
No sir, you're in the 89507

We go Reno, Sun-Valley, Truckee and Sparks
Got the bowling hall of fame
Senior(?) programs in the park
So bring your family and your doggies that bark
'cuz 2/3 of Washoe County's pretty safe now after dark
For table gaming and conventions Reno is the bomb
And (hold 'em games are as rapid as ?) Reno(van?).com
And I won't even start with our world famous golf courses
'cuz my voice is getting hoarse and i think we're at the chorus
Oh!


bom bom bom bom bom
Get up get down you know I'm proud of Reno
What what what we say
We're keeping it alive in the 775

Yo, big up Arlington Avenue
big ups Manner drive

sorry, i wrote those lyrics myself, this is nowhere on the internet.